Savoring The Season

6:39 AM

Savor The Season
Watercolor with ink (writing)
I'd love to tell you I created this recently, but it was actually last year and I never got around to posting it.

I find myself in the same headspace this year as last—wondering where the last 11 months went and how I'm going to get everything done between now and December 25th.

My plan is to take this advice to heart and
s. l. o. w.    w. a. y.    d. o. w. n.

I may get less done, but my hope is that I'll enjoy the season more instead of suddenly finding myself in January, thinking, "Huh, where did December go?"

The inspiration for the cup came from a very "plain Jane" cup I've had forever. It's totally ivory without any kind of holly border.

It was kinda fun to transform such a simple cup into something festive. With its age showing, it reminds me of an old friendship that is often renewed during the holidays. (Hello, my old friend, I don't see you often, but when I do, I am reminded of all our visits over a cup of tea...)

Regardless of how we got here, we're here—we might as well make the best of it and enjoy the last month of 2015!

You Might Also Like

12 Creative Thought(s)

  1. A good thought and a pretty little cuppa to go with. Definitely going to enjoy this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely page and good advice that I would do well to remember also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, and beautiful page. It seems counterintuitive to slow down, but I only make a mess of things when I speed up! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Laure- you are not alone in that feeling of how fast a year goes as well as the month of December. Love your thoughts about an old friend. Isn't it wonderful to slow down and savor reconnecting with not only treasures but those we love. Your art is beautiful Laure. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel it too.....I mean, two weeks ago was August, right? Now it's December!

    I love your teacup. It's so festive and cozy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty page with really nice lettering! Yep, I'm way behind. As usual but my son said he doesn't need more slipper socks so that is one thing I won't be doing. I just finished a shawl for my daughter and want to make one for each of the granddaughters - that's a lot of crocheting before Christmas and I don't even have the yarn yet! Need one or two hand painted cards.....is there time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. marvelous all over---design and calligraphy..cheerful to boot !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Your sentiment about friend is lovely too. I, too, need to slow down but there's so much fun to be had. Now that I'm retired it seems that I seem to have less time that when I worked full time. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and a slower 2016, but keep those classes coming. I'm beginning to have withdrawals. Oh the operative words were s.l.o.w. d.o.w.n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it December already? Gads! .... definitely time to slow down and savor the season. December should be a time to pause, appreciate, connect. Your sketch is a beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMEN! You sketch is beautiful! I truly love this post and it means so much to me regarding this entire year (sorry to say I'm happy it's ending!) You're so very correct, it is time to slow wayyyyy down and enjoy what's truly important! I plan on doing the exact same thing...actually, I've already started, LOL!! Enjoy your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this festive page with the holly rimmed tea cup. I really like the plump holly berries at the top of the page! and your lettering that flows like ribbons on the page! Finding your decorated page is another reminder to me to slow down and enjoy the holidays. I actually think I'm doing it better this year. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. The new holiday banner for your blog is very nice. I love all the little details including swirls on the ornaments and lots of texture in the stocking. Its so fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe