Saturday's Class and A Festive, New Header!

6:37 AM

Come and join me on Saturday, December 12th, from nine until noon, as we catch a little "Wave Action" in our sketchbooks!

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to take a break from all the decorating and shopping and head over to the beach.

The class will be held at Keeton's in Bradenton and you can find more info here.  We'll be working from photos and with regular watercolor brushes rather than waterbrushes.

Waves seem like a challenge until you break them down into shapes. Adding the foam and white spray at towards the end of the page are what makes the whole sketch sing!

I hope you can make it!
_________________________

How do you like the new header?! I wanted something a little more mellow for the season and so I landed on the combination of muted green, blue and purple. 

It was a lot of fun to fill my sketchbook pages with these small vignettes. They started off a little looser than they finished up, but then, I guess I could say that just about every time I paint!

After finishing the pages, I scanned the work and imported it to Photoshop to build the banner. I enjoyed manipulating and arranging the images until I had a design I liked. (I can tell you this was a whole lot easier than decorating my house!)

The other fun thing is that I can take the pieces and print them out to make card tags for any gifts we're giving this year.
From my "Pineapple Journal" I made myself with Canson watercolor paper. 

You Might Also Like

5 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Love the wave action...and all of your sketches. It looks like you are having a blue christmas. I hope it is the color of delight and not a mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so fun but alas, I live a few thousand miles away in Washington State. I love the new header and you beautiful pages. Have a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vignettes. I always say I want to be looser too and end up with all the tiny details. Maybe I learned that from YOU. Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your banner, Laure, and I love the idea of printing out individual pieces for gift tags. Photoshop has always intimidated me, but seeing the possibilities makes me want to give it a try. I wish I was close enough to Bradenton to attend your workshop, but I'm in Ohio. I loved your ocean sketch the first time I saw it, and I really wanted to learn the techniques. Any chance that a tutorial will be part of your Watercolor Beginnings class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page of waves and I love your new banner. I should change mine out; I've had the same one for much too long now.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe