Look Who Stopped By!

4:23 PM

We've been having some torrential downpours here lately (after 3 weeks of nothing!) and there have been a few afternoons where we've had water front property for a few hours. Still, I was a bit surprised to see our visitor when I went to pick up the mail.....


I'm not sure what type of turtle s/he is as I'm not up on my turtle identification facts; however, don't let anyone fool you—these creatures can move! In the space of 30 seconds it took me to turn around and go get my camera, s/he'd moved about 15 feet from where I originally spotted them! And if it wasn't 150º outside, I probably would have attempted a sketch out there, but it's just too darn hot! Besides, it will probably be raining in another 30 minutes or so!

You Might Also Like

10 Creative Thought(s)

  1. One of the things I like about Florida is the possibility of coming upon wildlife in your backyard. (Turtles are certainly more fun than alligators, I'll admit.) Glad you could at least snap a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a painted turtle from what I can see. My son loves turtles, so whether I wanted to know all the turtle breeds or not, I learned anyway! Or maybe it's one of the Mutant Ninja Turtles?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, we know s/he is not Tommy ;)
    I'm glad, too, that it wasn't an alligator you discovered!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to find a turtle in your yard. I have had lots of interesting critters in my yard but will never be able to say I had a turtle. And way glad I can say I will never have an alligator in my yard.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing to see wild turtles in your garden. I love insights like these when visiting blogs from other countries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you could get a photo. You can paint/sketch from your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laure, that's too cool! Better a turtle that an alligator! Isn't nature just wonderful! :) At least you were able to get the picture and can sketch from it later, can't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can empathize... it's "150" degrees here too! I'm wilting.... !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh...we have had these turtle adventures in our neighborhood also! It is such fun to see them come a visitin!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have't seen any turtles but I haven't seen any rattlesnakes yet either of which I am very happy! I don't even want to paint one of those snakes. A turtle is another story. I too am glad it wasn't an alligator!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe