Merry Old England - Here I Come!!!

7:49 AM

There's one! A red phone booth! I've always wanted to see one–in England!!* And here I am!* I was riding on the top of a double-decker bus (which I'm going to sketch next) and there was a delay. So I started sketching.....and then we started to move and I wasn't finished [with the sketch], so as we traveled around I would draw from different phone booths. This one's a little wonky, but what fun!! Of course, I had to take the tour again to see what I missed the first time around!




I had to wait to paint this until I was off the bus- too wild of a ride to paint! So much fun, and a great way to see an area! I sat at a corner pub-like place to get some color on this.

Spring is in the air over here* even though it is still quite brisk and down-right cold at night! 


Now I need to go find one of those buses to sketch - I wonder if they'll hold still until I get my sketch complete........

*I'm not really in Merry Old England - I"m on "An Imaginary Trip to England!!" This "trip" will be leaving on Monday, April 5th! I hope you can join me for the fun!! Please click here for more information!

P.S. The March i•Trav•e•logue is now available! Check it out for the latest on Imaginary Trips!!

You Might Also Like

7 Creative Thought(s)

  1. Bon Voyage! I won't be able to make it to England this time [just getting back from the (Imaginary Trip to the)Beach!], but hope it's a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound so real. Hope you get lots of takers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea and a great job on the phone booth too. Enjoy your "tripping".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those phone booths. You did a great job on it. How fun to take trips virtually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ....I just made my reservations and am looking forward to visiting England!! Will we be painting a teapot or teacup? I love fancy, shmancy, flowered English Bone China tea cups! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks and sounds like a real travel page. Bon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, yes.. the red phone booths! I still like the looks of them after all these years!

    When I was a young teen (12, 13, 14?) I remember the double decker buses were open on the top level (not all of them... some were). Us neighborhood kids would scrounge up some change, hop on a bus - top story of course - and ride down to the local theater ("theatre" if you're English) and for the equivalent of a quarter we'd watch the Saturday Afternoon Matinee. Ah, yes, Flash Gordon and other heroes of the day! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe