Daily Practice - How to Be a Cool Dog!

3:25 PM

Imagine my surprise and delight when I stumbled upon this lovely dog fountain! I just had to sketch it - for himself and for the 3 girls at home* that would've loved to have had a drink from it!
Hmmm, knowing Susie, she would have submerged herself in the fountain!

This is a watercolor sketch with black and white gel ink added in places to give a bit more definition to the water and to the cracks in the wall. Some of the colors are added in to The dog's head to make the rendering more vibrant and interesting. Otherwise, he really would have been a cool bluish colored dog!

This is one I will probably revisit in the studio once I get home* as I think there is more to this guy than what my sketch captures.

*This sketch is in preparation for An Imaginary Trip to Paris starting September 21st! The "trip" will be a sketching and painting holiday for those who join me! (I'm not really in Paris, darn it!) More information can be found at ImaginaryTrips.com!


P.S. Don't forget about the giveaway! Click here for more info!

You Might Also Like

7 Creative Thought(s)

  1. This doggie fountain is great. It looks like a wimerwmer, err a warmaur. A a a a one of those big grey dogs that are so sleek and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Weimeraner fountain, too! Coco wants it more, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun find Laure! Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the gel ink addition to your watercolor... makes it pop a little more. I'm a fan of wc and pen and ink... I really like Claudia Nice's work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Laure! I haven't had much time to read (or write) blog entries for some time and I'm hoping I can catch up on all my favorites evenings on the road now. Lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, where was this, Laure? I love the colors in the stone dog's head.

    Hey Teresa - I'm a Claudia Nice fan too!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe