Just A Peek!

5:15 PM

Detail of Chance of Rain
by Laure Ferlita
© Laure Ferlita, 2009 All Rights Reserved


I have finished Chance of Rain with the possible exception of a few minor tweaks as I observe it for a few days. The painting will stand on an easel in our living room, giving me the opportunity to see it at various times of the day and from different distances. I find this to be a wonderful way to see anything that needs to be pushed back, lightened, etc. Above is a detail shot from the umbrella that I described in yesterday's post. One of the challenges I anticipate in photographing this particular painting is getting the colors in the umbrella to read as they are and not as shades of plain black.

Hope this satisfies some of the curiosity that I accidentally piqued yesterday!

You Might Also Like

11 Creative Thought(s)

  1. the umbrella looks fantasic Laura, really superb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I'm thrilled to get a peek at the umbrella that you described the other day. I was quite interested to see the final effect of the multi-layers of colors that you described. I think the snipet that you've shared here looks quite nice! Can't wait to see the whole painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well as you mentioned in the previous post, yes you did it! Gorgeous colours in that umbrella and yes it does sing!! At first glance I was sure it was done in cp what with all those incredible colour gradations. LOL (couldn't resist) Fabulous work Laure and I am sure the rest of it is just as stunning. So no last minute disasters?! Whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...gorgeous.....I love the silkiness of the fabric...and all the color (although I clearly know it's black). It's storming right now as I write this (yikes...lots of thunder and lightning), so your painting is fitting right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am once again amazed by your talent!! Dear, this looks more real than the umbrella I have at home! It is stunning! Just.. perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

    No last minute disasters, just a few minor oops, easily fixed. I think the silkiness is what captivates me too, Kelly.

    And thank you, Iva, your compliments always make me feel wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What can I say that hasn't already been said? The umbrella definitely reads black, but I love how you've picked up the colors of the wallpaper in that black. It gives the umbrella so much depth and this is what takes a painting from just a copy of reality to artwork. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow, Laure--it's wonderful. It just "reads" as silky and luminous. Must be a nice umbrella!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Gabrielle, what a super nice thing to say!

    And, thanks to you too, Sue! It is a nice umbrella, and I think that makes it easier to make it into what I see in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You did it! Has the look of a very pricey - and classy - umbrella. Plus, it GLOWS!!

    GREAT JOB, LAURE!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe