Where does the time go?

9:03 PM

Here it is the end of the day on Monday and I still don't have any art to post! I've been fighting it out with a competition painting as I write this and at the moment, I'm not winning. Don't you hate that? When a painting gets the best of you? Arrrgh! Which means I'll probably have to start over. Sigh. That's not good, but what else am I gonna do?! It's for a competition painting for pete's sake! And I think, no, scratch that, I know that's part of the problem - I'm trying too hard. 


I've also had a lot of activities that have taken me out of the studio, and I've been putting in a lot of computer time lately working on some projects that I'm hoping will come to fruition in the fall. All this to say I haven't been making any art - that I can share. I'm hoping by mid-week that the onslaught of computer stuff will let up and I can go and sketch a bit so that I'll have something to post. 

Once again, the balance thing with keeping all the balls, some tea cups, and a couple of plates up in the air at the same time while you balance on one foot while chanting the a-b-c's as you kick a soccer ball with the foot up in the air, you know, that balance thing . . . . it's still eluding me. 

You Might Also Like

6 Creative Thought(s)

  1. You made me smile -- I can certainly relate (except to the art competition bit). Hang on!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...haha! You've captured the balance thing perfecting! I can totally picture that. Use a little yoga breathing to slow down your mind...and a little loving kindness direct to yourself to soften your heart, and watch the paint flow off your paintbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, was my frustration showing?! Oops!!

    Okay, breathe, just breathe. No screaming now . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! Sometimes I look forward to my art all day at work and plan what I will do, but then something comes up and I don't get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days are like that and I had one yesterday also. Maybe we needed to recharge our batteries by being away from our paint. Sounds good anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds like most of my days... Yep, just keep taking those deep breaths.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe